Tuesday 6 September 2011

Garage Sale Days

I love garage sales! We put on an awesome garage sale over the weekend and made some good money, as well as meeting a lot of new neighbours and having fun. However, it wasn't fun getting up at five in the morning, although I should be used to that with my breastfeeding routine (or lack of routine). I think the most important thing for a garage sale is to advertise. I advertised in two local papers, which cost me around $30, but it was worth it as we had a large number of customers coming through. Then at the end of the day, anything that didn't sell is packed up and taken to the local charity shop. We mostly had books and clothes left over to take to charity.

Because it's Tuesday
Here is what I'm loving this week:

Chocolate Chip Cookies 
I have a very bad sweet tooth so I have been trying a few different types of choc chip cookies lately. These cookies have so many choc chips in them, they are almost evil. I bought these today and have already eaten four. Delicious but very very naughty!






Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series
I bought these books ten years ago and started reading the first three in the series. For some reason, I didn't finish reading them. Now I have reignited my passion for this series and started re-reading them. I am up to the fourth book in the series, 'Cruel and Unusual', and I am absolutely loving them. I wonder if these books were the inspiration for all of those crime shows that we have plastered on our TVs today?




Garnier Night Cream
Now that I am no longer 'in my 20s', I realise how important it is to look after my skin. While I have always used moisturiser as I have fairly dry skin, now I am also using a night cream to keep up my 'youthful appearance'. I have tried a few different brands and this one is one of my favourites. Perhaps because it's called 'Youthful Radiance', it makes me feel younger? I am a sucker for advertising!


Spring!
Spring has sprung and the weather is certainly keeping true to the season. I love spring, with budding flowers, warm days and crisp nights. I love going to the nearby park where I can walk amongst the blooming cherry blossom trees. Spring is a time for renewal and growth and also a time to re-charge my brain and body to feel happy and healthy in time for Summer.

I love leaving on a good note, so I will sign off for today with a smile.

Lana  xxx


2 comments:

  1. I came by from Louise's blog (Months of Edible Celebrations). Welcome to blogging :). I'm a fellow chocolate chip cookie lover, and these sound mighty good. Thanks for the recommendation. Just might have to go check out some youthful radiance, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lana,

    I see you've had a visit from Lynn. She has a terrific blog and is author of her very own cookbook too:)

    I'm with you on the chips and the night cream. I am a huge fan of Garnier anything for that matter! (I'm sure it has something to do with spokeswoman Sarah Jessica:)

    How lucky you are to be welcoming Spring. We are testing the waters of Fall over here, literally!

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear your comments