Monday 5 September 2011

Happy Father's Day - A First!

What a day! I knew it was going to be a memorable day, but honestly, today I have had such a beautiful day, it makes me happy to be a mummy. I'm not normally one for all that gooey lovey-dovey talk, but perhaps an exception can be made for today?

I woke up this morning and fed the baby and then fed the man. Bacon. Eggs (from our own chickens, mind you). Baked beans (always a great way to get to a man's heart... or fart - OK bad joke, but I will be the first to admit that I am corny). Toast. Pancakes. A generous dollop of tomato sauce and I had daddy grinning from ear to ear.

Then it was present time. This is what daddy got from his son for his very first Father's Day:

Rabbitoh's supporters!
Matching NRL Rabbitoh's jerseys for father and son. My partner was a bit too shy to show his face.

After presents it was over to see Pop and give him his Father's Day present (chocolates). Then back home again for a nap. I know this entry is sounding much like a diary, but I feel I need to record this moment to look back on in future years. I wonder what next year's Father's Day will bring? I know I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm happy to hear your comments